…I don’t really buy the male gaze thing anymore. I’ve never felt that men’s– old master men’s– paintings of nude women weren’t for me. Even if they are sumptuous female nudes, I feel like women might be able to get even more from them because we can relate to the subject and also enjoy looking at them.
Cecily Brown, Vogue, Feb 2013
- Apr 012013
- Call for Submissions:
- Make a One-Minute Abstract Video for MoMA's PopRally
- POSTED BY: PopRally MoMA | Wed Mar 13th, 2013 10:06 a.m.
- LOCATION: The Museum of Modern Art
- 0 PopRally Presents ABSTRACT CURRENTS
- AN INTERACTIVE VIDEO EVENT SUNDAY, APRIL 7, 2013
- 8: 00 P.M.–11:00 P.M.
- MoMA CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS! In conjunction with the exhibitions Inventing Abstraction, 1910–1925 and Abstract Generation: Now in Print, PopRally invites you to channel your own ideas of the abstract through video! Create a one-minute video exploring abstract forms of any kind, then follow the directions below to upload it to our dedicated Vimeo group. Use a camera, use your phone, or use an app. The videos will be played on various screens and projections in MoMA's lobby and on the Marron Atrium walls during a special party on Sunday, April 7. Dream Pop queen Tamaryn will DJ the event, providing a hypnotic soundtrack to the collectively built abstract videoscape. To submit your video and have it shown at the event: -Sign in to your Vimeo account or create a new account at vimeo.com. You must comply with the Vimeo Terms of Service. -Go to the event group page at vimeo.com/groups/PopRallyAbstract and join! -Go to "Upload a Video." For help with uploading, please visit the Vimeo Helpcenter. -Add your video to the "PopRallyAbstract" group.
- The deadline for submissions is Monday, April 1
1 of 35 pages