- Apr 012013
- Call for Submissions:
- Make a One-Minute Abstract Video for MoMA's PopRally
- POSTED BY: PopRally MoMA | Wed Mar 13th, 2013 10:06 a.m.
- LOCATION: The Museum of Modern Art
- 0 PopRally Presents ABSTRACT CURRENTS
- AN INTERACTIVE VIDEO EVENT SUNDAY, APRIL 7, 2013
- 8: 00 P.M.–11:00 P.M.
- MoMA CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS! In conjunction with the exhibitions Inventing Abstraction, 1910–1925 and Abstract Generation: Now in Print, PopRally invites you to channel your own ideas of the abstract through video! Create a one-minute video exploring abstract forms of any kind, then follow the directions below to upload it to our dedicated Vimeo group. Use a camera, use your phone, or use an app. The videos will be played on various screens and projections in MoMA's lobby and on the Marron Atrium walls during a special party on Sunday, April 7. Dream Pop queen Tamaryn will DJ the event, providing a hypnotic soundtrack to the collectively built abstract videoscape. To submit your video and have it shown at the event: -Sign in to your Vimeo account or create a new account at vimeo.com. You must comply with the Vimeo Terms of Service. -Go to the event group page at vimeo.com/groups/PopRallyAbstract and join! -Go to "Upload a Video." For help with uploading, please visit the Vimeo Helpcenter. -Add your video to the "PopRallyAbstract" group.
- The deadline for submissions is Monday, April 1
thru Feb 16:
Andrea Mary Marshall
Allegra LaViola Gallery, 179 East Broadway, NYC
Wed-Sun, F train to East Broadway or 4,5,6,N,R to Canal St.
In her thirteen Mona Lisa paintings, Marshall duplicates the material and size of da Vinci’s original, while altering the composition significantly. Marshall draws inspiration from the renderings of Dali, Duchamp and Warhol as well as the myriad theories surrounding the identity of the sitter. Additionally, there are six photographic portraits, a short film and film stills.
2 of 35 pages